*Bharathi Kala Manram, Canada has organized 29th Annual Saint Thyagaraja Music Festival in co-operation with York University on April 7 and 8, 2001. For details, please call N. R. Subramanian at 416-497-4760.
* Vedanta Society of Toronto invites you to Upnishad lecture at the University of Toronto on Thursday, April 12, 2001. For details, please call Swami Pramathananda at 416-240-7262.
*ROM Friday Nights presents "SOUTH ASIAN NIGHT" on April 13,2001. For details, please call Arti Chandaria at 416-444-0347 or click "Community News" on the left panel. ( To purchase advance tickets for Chutney Popcorn, please call 416-586-5797.)
* Canada-India Earthquake Rebuilding Committee invites you to a fund raising dinner on Thursday, April 19, 2001. For details, please call Viresh Mathur at 416-822-4783.
* Ontario Folk Dance Association and Rina Singha Kathak Dance Organization present Nritya Mela on Saturday, April 21, 2001. Afternoon workshops include Bhangra & Gidda by Gabroo Punjab Da, Dances of Gujarat by Rajen & Rekha Merchant, and Bridal Face Decoration by Purnima Pattnaik. Evening program features Dances from Around the World led by David Yee and special performances. All proceeds donated for Gujarat Earthquake Relief Fund. For details, please call Rina Singha at 416-822-4783.
* Marathi Bhashik Mandal, Toronto invites you to Vasantik Karyakram on Saturday, April 28, 2001. For details, please call Aparna Dev at 905-284-1901 or Leena Bhole at 905-286-0094.
*Vanik Samaj of Toronto has organized its annual talent show on Saturday, May 12, 2001. For details, please call Jayesh Desai at 905-201-1474.
* National Indo-Canadian Council has organized its annual picnic on Sunday, June 10, 2001. For details, please call Kamal Driver at 416-490-1374.
* SOTC World Famous
Tours, India's largest outbound tour operator has chosen Trade Wind
Associates as their exclusive representative in Canada.
*Hon. John Manley, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Government of Canada, recently stated, “We have taken the decision to be fully re-engaged with India.”