FOR OUR SPECIAL VIDEO PRESENTATION ON THE OCCASION OF 54th ANNIVERSARY OF INDIA’S INDEPENDENCE, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
* Panorama India is set for its Annual Gala Festival from August 10, 2001 to August 12, 2001 to be held at Scarborough Civic Centre. Toronto Don Valley Rotary Club in association with Panorama India will hold a raffle draw on Saturday, January 26, 2002. Tickets are now available at $ 10.00 each. For details, please call Surinder Sharma at 416-871-1718 or Madhu Tahiliani at 905-826-7077 or click "India Day 2001" on the left panel..
* The International Art of Living Foundation has adopted 26 villages in Gujarat under the 5H program, and funds are urgently needed for this effort. One hundred schools are being built, as well as an orphanage. Homes are being constructed for homeless villagers, and the communities restored. The preliminary estimate for this project is about $18 million (Can.). All the funds raised from the North American concert series will go towards implementing 5H projects in these 26 villages. A concert by Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia (Flute) with Pandit Swapan Chaudhuri (Tabla) is being organized at the Convocation Hall, University of Toronto on Saturday, August 11, 2001 at 7:30 P.M. Admission for this concert is by tickets at $ 30, $35, and $50 per person. For information and tickets, contact Tel: 1-866-287-9378 or 905-785-2583, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, For online tickets go to www.5h.org. For more information, call Subashish Ojha at 905-785-8264 or click "India Day 2001" on the left panel..
BUY YOUR TICKET TODAY FOR THIS HUMANITARIAN CAUSE.
* Lakshmi Narayan Mandir - Hindu Cultural Society celebrates Janmashtami on August 11, 2001. For details, please call Ashok Kaushal at 905-737-0350.
* Vanik Samaj of Toronto has organized its annual picnic on August 19, 2001. For details, please call Jayesh Desai at 905-201-1474 or Nitin Mehta at 416-247-0149 or click "Community News" on the left panel.
* Rasik Arts presents UMRAO directed and adapted by Sally Jones on August 23 and 24, 2001. For details, please call Rasik Arts at 416-654-9231 or click here.
* Dr. Joseph Kurian, host of the RED HOT GRITS BARBEQUE 2001, invites you, your family, and friends to attend the 2nd annual barbeque to be held on August 25, 2001. For reservations and more information, please call Nadia Jmila at 416-449-2166 Ext. 257 or click "Community News" on the left panel.
* JSS Spiritual Mission, West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA invites everyone to lecture/seminar by Siddeshwara Swamiji on Sunday, August 26, 2001 at 230 College Street in Toronto. For details, please call Shivananda Prabhu at 905-315-7437.
* Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce, Canada-India Business Council, Dept. of Foreign Affairs & International Trade, and Ontario Exports Inc. invite everyone to an Open Forum with Peter Sutherland, Canada's High Commissioner to India on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 at Ontario Investment Service in Toronto. For details, please contact email@example.com or call 416-214-5947 x 21.
* Congratulations to Ankit Dharia and Arpeeta Shah who got married on July 22, 2001.