* Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce jointly with Canadian Tamils' Chamber of Commerce, Canada-Pakistan Business Council, Canada Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce, and Department of Foreign Affairs & International Trade has organized a seminar "CANADA & SOUTH ASIA : PARTNERS FOR THE NEW CENTURY" with Hon. Pierre S. Pettigrew, Minister for International Trade and "PERSPECTIVE 2002 -THE NEW ECONOMIC REALITIES" with Craig Wright, Chief Economist, Royal Bank, on January 24, 2002. For details, please call their office at 416-224-0090.
* Panorama India and Consulate General of India present Republic Day of India celebrations - Flag Hoisting Ceremony & Raffle Draw on Sunday, January 26, 2002 and cultural presentations on January 27, 2002. For details, please call Consulate at 416-960-1592, Bhagat Taggar at 416-286-7276, or N. R. Subramanian at 416-497-4760.
for the Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda on Sunday, February 10, 2002. For details, please call Swami Pramathananda at
* World Literacy of Canada presents the Eyes on India - a film series - including Canadian Film Benefit Premiere of Mira Nair's Monsoon Wedding on February 14, 2002 and Documentary Cinema on February 16, 2002. For details, please call Mamta Misra at 416-977-0008.
* For "Indian Fantasy Cruise", organized by Travelbest, please call Subash Chauhan at 1-866-846-7005 or 905-660-7005 ext. 238 or 229 or click here.
* For comments by Jay Chauhan on the new point system for immigration to Canada, please click here.
* Himalaya Arts offers various services including professional videography, photography, and DJ services. For details, please call Parvinder Singh at 416-505-2223 or click "Business & Trade" on the left panel.
Mill Lions Club, Markham, made an appeal in November
2001 to assist Nanan in his campaign to raise funds for saving his brother
Sumeetís life. Sumeet, aged 21 years, was suffering from the deadly disease of
White Blood Cancer The young boy did make to Canada for treatment at the
Princess Margaret Hospital. A number of charitable groups, individuals, and
Lions gave generous support. Unfortunately, Sumeet passed away on Jan 12, 2002.
Our sincere condolences to his family.