* Montreal Chapter of the National Association of Canadians of Origins in India (NACOI),
in collaboration with the National Indo-Canadian Council (NICC) held
a conference on “September 11, 2001 : Impact on minorities – Stereotyping,
discrimination” on October 12, 2002. For details, please call 416-725-0909.
* Vedanta Society of Toronto has organized "Kali Puja" on November 4, 2002 and an Annual General Meeting on November 17, 2002. For details, please call Swami Pramathananda at 416-240-7262.
HAPPY DIWALI AND A PROSPEROUS
NEW YEAR TO ALL.
* Jain Society of Toronto plans to celebrate Diwali on Sunday, November 10, 2002. For details, please call Shailesh Shah at 905-882-0576.
* The Indian Council for
Cultural Relations has organized “Maulana Azad Essay Competition
2002”. For topics, languages, deadlines, and other details, please call Krishan
Khetarpal at the Consulate General of India at 416-925-3230.
* Vanik Samaj of Toronto organized Garba on Sunday, October 13, 2002. They plan for Annakut on November 17, 2002. For details, please call Rajesh Shah at 905-799-9382.
* Islamic Society of Markham plans to start Phase 2 construction in Spring 2003 and has made an appeal for generous donations during the month of Ramadan. For more details, please call 905-294-7866. For Ramadan Timetable, please click here.
* Zoroastrian Society of Ontario presents “Uchki Tuchki” (a little bit of this & a little bit that - masti, majah & laughter) on Saturday, Decemebr 7, 2002. "Uchki Tuchki" features : 1) A Garbar Ghotala Parsi Gujarati Natak "Vari Banno Paachal Thi?" and 2) A musical extravaganza - "Matida Baira ni Takkar!" For details, please call Bapsy Surti at 416-620-9284 or Roshan Rabadi at 905-846-6177 or click here.
* The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas has been
organized from 9th to 11th January 2003. For details, please click here
or call the
Consulate General of India at 416-960-0760.
* Yoga Time offers yoga classes daily between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. For details, please call Meena Bhandari at 416-508-4624.
* Spiritual Heritage Education Network (SHEN) organizes a series of periodic seminars on topics related to spirituality. Generally, they organize six seminars per year, one on each of the last Thursday of odd numbered months. Seminars are expected to start at about 7:00 p.m. For details, please contact Shiv Talwar at ShenGroupemail@example.com.
* Pushtimargiya Vaishnava Samaj of Canada organizes every month Ekadashi Satsang in Mississauga. For more information, please call Jayanti Shah at 905-455-2206, P. K. Shah at 416-286-8556, or Raju Shah at 905-479-0507 or click "Community News" on the left panel. .
The East Indian Community in Toronto area lost two sincere community leaders recently : Navin Patel on August 23rd and Aruna Nagpal on September 12th. Both will be missed by many friends and colleagues in the community. Our sincere condolences to their family members.
Our sincere condolences to Kalpana Parmar & Anjana Merchant who lost their father and Chandrika Anjaria who lost her mother recently.