* We could not attend several events we were invited to during the busy months of June and July. . We thank Mr. Bhambri for representing us and preparing reports. Mr. Surinder Sharma provided us some photographs and write-ups for some events. We apologize if your event or activity could not be covered during this period.
* Three thousand Torontonians including mayoral candidate Barbara Hall, Raminder Gill-MPP, and other dignitaries gathered to mark a novel event - the first annual Walk for Values sponsored by the Sathya Sai School on Sunday, June 1 in Scarborough. For photographs and more information, please call Surinder Sharma at 905-501-9000 or click here.
* Vijay Bhambri, President & CEO of Blue Chip Services Inc., represented us at the Silver Jubilee Gala & 11th Annual Awards organized by the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce on Saturday, June 14, 2003. For his report, please click here.
* IIT Alumni CANADA organized its Annual Dinner on Saturday, June 21, 2003. For more information please call Mitali De at 519-884-8329, or Rabiz Foda at 905-813-9372, or Surinder Sharma at 905-501-9000 or click here.
* National Indo-Canadian Council – Ontario Region organized a special presentation “NRI Women in Visual Arts” on Sunday, June 22, 2003. For more information please call Rajen Merchant at 416-725-0909.
* National Indo-Canadian Council - Toronto Chapter organized its Annual Picnic on Sunday, July 13, 2003. For more information please call Kumara Rachamalla at 905-764-2833.
* Vanik Samaj of Toronto organized its Annual Picnic on Sunday, July 20, 2003. For more information please call Nilesh Shah at 905-458-1184.
* Support Royal Ontario Museum. Contact Friends of South Asia at 416-586-5544.
congratulations to Neal Parikh and Swati Kakade who were married on June 14,
Our congratulations to Pintoo Shah and Hamel Soni who were married on July 6, 2003.
sincere condolences to Raman Seedhar who lost her husband Vinod Seedhar on July
* Friends of South Asia organized its 2nd Annual Golf Classic on July 6, 2003, as a fundraiser for Christopher Ontaaje South Asia Gallery, Royal Ontario Museum. For more information, please call 416-586-5544.
* Jain Society of Toronto organized its Annual Picnic on Saturday, July 26, 2003. For more information please call Arhant Jain at 905-827-7494.
* The South Visual Arts Collective has organized a) Peace Taxi – open on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 from 6 pm to 9 pm at Downsview subway station and b) BOLLY>LOLLY>HOLLY>TOLLY - open on Friday, August 8, 2003 from 6 pm to 11 pm at Marilyn Brewer Community Space, Harbourfront Centre, 235 Queens Quay West. For more information, please call their office at 416-542-1661 or click here.
* The Kathak Institute will present a workshop on Indian Wedding Dances on Sunday, August 10, 2003, 4:30 pm at Lakeside Terrace, Harbourfront Centre. For more information, please call Rina Singha at 416-463-1710.
* Panorama India will present a cultural show on the occasion of Independence Day of India on Saturday, August 16, 2003. For more information, please call Sharada Bhat at 416-737-9040 or Manmohan Singh at 905-677-0303.
* Brahmin Samaj of Ontario has organized Annual Balev Picnic & Ceremony on Sunday, August 17, 2003. For more information please call Ketan Pandya at 905-474-3147.
* The Indian Navy Ship Tarangini will participate in the Tall Ship Festival being held in the Great Lakes. Tall ships will be sailing into Sarnia’s waterfront from August 22 to 24, 2003. The races end at Sarnia, where the INS Tarangini will be berthed from August 21- 25. She will also be at Montreal (August 30-September 3) and Halifax (September 13-17).For details, please call the Consulate General of India at 416-960-0760.
Our congratulations to Ravi Seethapathy who recently became President of Canadian Club of Toronto for 2003-2004.
deepest sympathies to the Saini family who lost husband and father Jit Singh
Saini on July 17, 2003.
Our sincere condolences to Mul Raj Sethi who lost his brother Kewal Krishen Sethi on July 31, 2003.