The following presentations were video taped in presence of a live audience of about 50 persons on February 2, 2003 at Mogul Banquet Hall in Markham, Ontario. The Toronto Chapter of the National Indo-Canadian Council assisted in co-ordinating this session.
A seminar on “Investing Successfully in Current Markets”.
The following speakers presented their views on
the above topic : 1) Mr. Gitu Parikh, Chartered Accountant, Toronto, 2) Mr.
Kumar Chari, Regional Manager, Estate & Financial Planning Services, Clarica, Toronto, 3)
Senior Vice President, Operations, State Bank of India (Canada), Toronto, and 4)
Mr. Madan Kulkarni, Executive Vice President, Polo Group, Chicago.
PLEASE NOTE THAT VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE THOSE OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANTS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE TORONTO CHAPTER OF THE NATIONAL INDO-CANADIAN COUNCIL, MERCHANT & ASSOCIATES, OR WWW.NRI-LINK.COM. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL PLANNER, TAX ADVISOR, ACCOUNTANT, AND/OR LAWYER BEFORE MAKING YOUR DECISIONS. WE WILL BE PLEASED TO RECOMMEND SOME TO YOU, IF YOU DESIRE.
a) For discussion between Rajen Merchant (Secretary, NICC Toronto Chapter) and Mr. Jagan Nath, (Owner, Mogul Banquet Hall) as well as Introduction and Welcome, please click here.
b) For discussion between James Kumar (Treasurer, NICC Toronto Chapter) and Mr. Gitu Parikh, please click here.
c) For discussion between Vishin Uttamchandani (Exec. Comm. Member, NICC Toronto Chapter) and Mr. Kumar Chari, please click here.
d) For discussion between Kumara Rachamalla (President, NICC Toronto Chapter) and Mr. Nandakumaran PART I, please click here.
e) For discussion between Kumara Rachamalla (President, NICC Toronto Chapter) and Mr. Nandakumaran PART II, please click here.
f) For discussion between Rekha Merchant (Past President, NICC Toronto Chapter) and Mr. Madan Kulkarni, please click here.
More will be presented in near future.
A farewell to Mr. T. D. Singh, the retiring Director, Tourism India, Toronto.
a) For comments by Rajen Merchant (Partner, Merchant & Associates, Toronto), Ram Kolipakam (Manager, Air India, Toronto), Rukshana Sarkari (SOTC Tours and on behalf of Niloufer Mama, Tradewind Associates, Toronto), and K R Arya, (Regionl Director for Americas, Tourism India, New York), please click here.
More will be presented in near future.
* Vanik Samaj of Toronto successfully organized Annual Sports Day on Sunday, February 16, 2003 and is now planning for Annual Youth Talent Show on Sunday, March 30, 2003 . For details, please call Rajesh Shah at 905-799-9382.
* On behalf of Milliken Mills Lions Club, Markham, Gobind Sharma is pleased to invite you to join them to celebrate their 5th Charter Anniversary Dinner on Friday, February 28, 2003 at Moti Mahal Restaurant, Markham. For details, please click here.
* Kalanidhi Fine Arts of Canada presents the 6th Kala Nidhi Dance Festival from Wednesday, March 5, 2003 to Sunday, March 9, 2003 . For details, please call Sudha Khandwani at 416-229-0369 or click here.
* Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals is pleased to present "Learning the Basics" An Entrepreneur Startup Workshop on Saturday, March 8, 2003. For details, please call their office at 416-224-0090.
* Vedanta Society of Toronto has organized celebration of Birth Anniversary of Sri Ramkrishna on Wednesday, March 5, 2003 and on Sunday March 9, 2003. For details, please call Swami Pramathananda at 416-240-7262.
* The “Red Hot Grits” invite you for a fireside chat and an informal dinner with Dalton McGuinty on Wednesday, March 19, 2003. For more details, please call Nadia Jmila at 416-449-2166 Ext. 257.
* The Telugu Cultural Association of Greater Toronto will be celebrating Ugadhi festival on Saturday, March 29, 2003 at Don Bosco S.S., Etobicoke. For more details, phone 416-229-0645 or visit www.telugutoronto.com.
* Jain Society of Toronto has organized a General Body Meeting on Sunday, March 30, 2003. For details, please call Arhant Jain at 905-827-7494.
* Brahmin Samaj of Ontario has organized Annual General Meeting, Cooking Competition, and Children’s Talent Show on Sunday, April 6, 2003. For more details, please call Ketan Pandya at 905-474-3147.
* CHILD HAVEN INTERNATIONAL cordially invites you to their 18th ANNIVERSARY DINNER on Saturday, April 12, 2003. For more information please call Neela Mehta at 416-241-2044, Bhadrika Sharma at 416-614-9518, or Francis Ball at 416-767-5771.
* Arya Samaj Senior Citizens' Club meets on every first and third Tuesday of the month at the Vedic Cultural Centre, 4345 14th Avenue, Markham from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. For details, please contact M. R. Sethi at 905-737-8380, Fax 905-780-1087, or at new e-mail address Thanks.firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The NRI Division of the Ministry of External
Affairs, India is developing a web site www.indiadevelopment.org
as a follow up to the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 9-11 January. For details, please
call the Consulate General
of India at 416-960-0760.
* SOTC World Famous Tours, India's largest outbound tour operator introduces its new offer. "Save like never before! Take advantage of USD750 savings on optional sightseeing tours to Europe and other fantastic deals available only for the first 200 Passengers for 2003 Season!!" For details, please call Trade Wind office at 416-920-7682, 800-268-4853.
* Listen to “Dharkan-The Heartbeat” radio program every Sunday from 4 to 6 p.m. at CIAO AM 530. For details, please call Subhash or Rashmi Anand at 416-930-5044.
* Yoga Time offers yoga classes daily between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. For details, please call Meena Bhandari at 416-508-4624.
* Pushtimargiya Vaishnava Samaj of Canada organizes every month Ekadashi Satsang in Mississauga. For more information, please call Jayanti Shah at 905-455-2206, P. K. Shah at 416-286-8556, or Raju Shah at 905-479-0507 or click "Community News" on the left panel. .
Our sincere condolences to Harish Rathi who lost her husband Madan Rathi on February 14, 2003.
Our congratulations to Tarunika and Balwant Desai, proud grand parents and Neha and Nikhil, parents of “Jagrat”, born on February 27, 2003.