Merchant & Associates organized “A Tribute to M. G. Vassanji” who recently won the Giller prize for the second time on Sunday, January 25, 2004. For details, please call us at 416-725-0909.
The following presentations were video taped in presence of a live audience of about 50 persons at this tribute held in Markham, Ontario. The Ontario Region of National Indo-Canadian Council and Doubleday Canada assisted in coordinating this session.
a) For messages and greetings from participating community
groups and sponsors, PLEASE
b) For remarks by Prof. David Rowe, University of Toronto and
Dr. Shafiq Qaadri, (MPP), PLEASE
c) For remarks by Mr. Austin Clarke, Author Mrs. Subhashini Khetarpal, Freelancer, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
d) For remarks by Prof. Chelva Kanaganayakam, University of Toronto, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
e) For remarks by Prof. David
Staines, University of Ottawa, PLEASE
f) For remarks by Prof. Cecil Foster, University of Guelph, PLEASE
g) For remarks by Mr. Brad Martin, Executive Vice President,
Doubleday Canada and a Message from Prof. Arun Mukherjee, York University, PLEASE
h) For remarks by Hon. Jim Karygiannis, MP, PLEASE
i) For remarks by Mr. D. K. Baruah, Director, Tourism India,
Toronto; Mr. Krishan Khetarpal, Consul, Consulate General of India, Toronto;
Message from Mr. Dalton McGuinty, Premier of Ontario; and Message from Mrs.
Parbati Sen Vyas, Acting High Commissioner of India, Ottawa, PLEASE
j) For Message from Hon. Helene Chalifour Scherrer, Minister
of Canadian Heritage, Government of Canada, Ottawa, remarks by Mr. M. G.
Vassanji, and concluding remarks by Mr. Rajen Merchant, PLEASE
Someone who received our fax last time left a voice message (without a contact number) that could not be heard clearly. Please call again at 416-725-0909 or fax your message to 416-281-5657 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take appropriate action.
* A Selection of Indian drawings from the private collection of Subhash Kapoor - "Mala ke Manke: 108 Indian Drawings" is being presented at Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami from January 31 to March 28, 2004. For details, please contact Art of the Past at 212-860-7070 or send and e-mail to email@example.com.
* Gems of Hope has organized its 21st Festival of Hope on Thursday March 4, 2004. For details, please call 416-362-4367 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Spiritual Heritage Education Network (SHEN) and Waterloo India Linkage, University of Waterloo present a seminar by Dr. Mohamed Elmasry ( Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo) on "Spiritual Fitness For Life" on Thursday, March 4, 2004. For details, please contact Shiv Talwar at ShenGroupemail@example.com.
* United Muslims has organized their 3rd Annual I-SLAM Basketball Tournament on March 20 & 21, 2004. For details, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Jain Society of Toronto has organized its Annual General Body Meeting on Sunday, March 21 2004. For more information please call Arhant Jain at 905-827-7494.
* Brahmin Samaj of Ontario has organized Annual General Meeting, Cooking Competition, and Children’s Talent Show on Sunday, April 4, 2004. For more details, please call Yashodhar Dave at 905-683-7990.
* Zoroastrian Society of Ontario has organized "Dream Ball" on Saturday, April 10, 2004. For details, please call Niloufer Kavarana at 905-770-6434 or click page1 and page2.
* Friends of South Asia - Royal Ontario Museum has organized a Lecture/Dance titled "The Unbelievable Lightness of Being : Manifestations of Ganesa" on Thursday, April 15, 2004. For details, please call 416-586-5700.
* Indo Canadian Cultural Club presents "Vividha", a Kathak dance performance by Maulik Shah on Friday, April 16, 2004. For details, please call Bhadra Kothari at 905-820-0659 or Sobhash Munjal at 905-459-0592.
* Vanik Samaj of Toronto has organized Annual Youth Talent Show on Saturday, April 17, 2004 . For details, please call Nilesh Shah at 905-458-1184.
* FOUNDATION FOR THE INDIAN PERFORMING ARTS celebrates 50 Golden Years of the Golden Voice of Pandit Jasraj on Sunday, April 18, 2004. For more information please call Sudha Rastogi at 416-449-3119.
Our congratulations to Lalit Pansar who was presented “Jain Ratna” award for his valuable services provided to the Jain community at large.
Our congratulations to Girdharillal Kheterpal who was presented “Hind Ratna” award.