* IIT Alumni Canada organized its Annual Dinner 2004 on Saturday, April 24, 2004. For details, please call Rabiz Foda at 905-813-9372.
* Merchant & Associates, in co-operation with the National Indo-Canadian Council – Ontario Region organized “Symposium on Current Public Health Issues” on Sunday, May 2, 2004. For details, please call us at 416-725-0909.
* The Royal Ontario Museum and the Friends of South Asia present "Raj to Aaj" on Friday, May 14, 2004. For details, please call 416-586-5700.
* SAVAC presents "Interscapes", May 4-15, 2004 and "Sunil Gupta" on May 21, 2004. For details, please call Rachel Kalpana James at 416-542-1661.
* Rasik Arts presents a staged reading of "The Waiting Room", on Monday, May 17, 2004. For details, please call Sally Jones at 416-654-9231.
* Visual Rhythms presents “A South Asian Art Exhibition & Sale” May 18- 31, 2004. For details, please call Shylee Someshwar at 416-357-1782.
* Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce invites you to a “Post-Budget Networking Reception with The Hon. Greg Sorbara” on Thursday, May 20, 2004. For details and confirmations, please call 416-224-0090.
* Spiritual Heritage Education Network (SHEN) and Waterloo India Linkage, University of Waterloo present a seminar by Vijaya Kumar Murty on "The Quality of Life" on Thursday, May 27, 2004. For details, please contact Shiv Talwar at ShenGroupemail@example.com.
* The Parents Council of Sathya Sai School invites you to join “Walk for Values” on Saturday, May 29, 2004. For details, please call 416-297-7970.
* Plan to attend the “Kolkata Mahotsav”, being organized from October 19-23, 2004. For details, please call the nearest India Tourism Office.
* The Hemoglobal Research Department at The Toronto
General Hospital has
been conducting research in Thalassemia. One of the goals is to provide optimum care to all
children with Thalassemia in Orissa. For details, please contact Robin Kotisa at 416-340-3979.
Our congratulations to Kiran Ahluwalia who won a 2004 Juno Award in the Best World Music Album category on April 3, 2004.
Asians in Ontario celebrate May as the South Asian Heritage Month.
Asians in Canada celebrate May as the Asian Heritage Month.