* Vanik Samaj of Toronto organized its Annual Picnic and Annual General Meeting on Sunday, August 6, 2006. They are planning for Navratri Garba. For details, please call Tushar Shah at 416-431-4310.
* Art-east presents "Live Ghazal Concert & CD Launch" by Dr. Shiva on Saturday, September 9, 2006. For more information, please call 416-873-1991 or click here.
* The Vedic Cultural Centre presents "Kerap" - A Rajasthani Music Group on Saturday, September 9, 2006.. For more information, please call 905-475-5778 or 416-873-1991.
* Participate in the P&G Walk to show your support for the United Way of Greater Toronto. Join the South Asian Community in "Chalo Dil Walo" on Sunday, September 10, 2006. For more information, please call 416-777-1444 ext. 280 or click here.
* The Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce jointly with TELUS is pleased to bring to you a workshop on "Wireless Technology and Your Business - Steps for Success" on September 13, 2006. For details, please call the Chamber at 416-224-0090 or visit http://www.iccc.org//iccc/uploadedfiles/Telus_Sept_13__06.ppt.
* MP Susan Kadis will host her “Third Annual Town Hall Budget Consultation” on September 14, 2006. For details, please call 905-886-9911.
Canada Resource Centre, Calgary has
informed us that they have been approached by some employers in Alberta for jobs
available with them. They
would like resumes from interested persons by
is now accepting
applications for the
* The Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce has organized its 5th Annual Cricket Tournament on Saturday, September 16, 2006. For details, please call the Chamber at 416-224-0090 or Sunil Jagasia at 905-238-7544.
* The first annual health fair for the South Asian community in York Region will take place on Saturday, September 16, 2006, at Milliken Mills Secondary School, Markham, Ontario from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
* Our sincere condolences to Tushar Shah for loss of his father Rajnikant C. Shah on February 21, 2006. Mr. Shah helped Gayatri Mission-Haridwar in translating their books from Hindi to English and Gujarati. He played an active role in Ashwamegh Yagna conducted by Gayatri Mission all over India. Most recently, he was involved in building Ashram for seniors through Arvind Ashram-Pondichery in India. To view his photograph, please click here.
* Lata Pada and Sampradaya
Dance Creations present M
* Vanik Samaj of Toronto presents Navratri Garba 2006 on Friday, September
22, 2006. For details, please call Tushar
Shah at 416-431-4310 or click
* The 8th Kalanidhi International Dance Festival and Conference has been organized between September 22, 2006 and October 1, 2006. For details, please call Sudha Khandawani at 416-229-0369.
* National Indo Canadian Council has organized its Annual General Meeting and Conference in Montreal from September 29, 2006 to October 1, 2006. For details, please call 416-725-0909.
* The Canadian Association of Physicians of Indian Heritage (CAPIH) invites Physicians, Residents, & Medical Students to the first Ontario Chapter Development Meeting & Gourmet Indian Luncheon on Saturday, September 30, 2006. To RSVP your attendance, call 1-888-98-CAPIH.
* The Vedanta Society of Toronto has organized celebrations for Maha Ashtami on Saturday, September 30, 2006 and Vijaya Dashami on Monday, October 2, 2006. For details, please call The Society at 416-240-7262 (email : email@example.com).
* The Brahmin Samaj of Ontario has organized Navratri Havan on Sunday, October 1, 2006. For details, please call Parag Pathak at 905-796-1071 or 647-828-0696.
* Our congratulations to Gayatri Manchanda for inauguration of exhibition of her paintings "Indian Palette" at the State Museum of Oriental Arts in Moscow. The exhibition will be on show from September 14, 2006 to September 24, 2006. The Museum has released a press release (in Russian) on the exhibition which can be viewed at www.museum.ru/N27943. We had an opportunity to meet her and preview her studio and paintings in December 2004 which was presented here in April 2005. To view this video presentation, please click here.